Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today's The Day!! I Bought My Vintage Trailer!!

I was doing my evening "check" on craigslist last night for my vintage trailer, and lo and behold there it was....it didn't say what year or make it was, but I could tell by the pics it was old. I generally don't like to call people after 9pm, BUT, my husband did it for me! It was only a little after 9pm so it wasn't that bad, but we were able to make an appointment first thing this morning to see it. We would be the first people to look at it...yay!  He was only asking $400, since it needs quite a bit of tlc we were about to get it for even less... some of the windows are missing, needs painting, it's missing the dinette, and the list goes on...HOWEVER, I now have a  vintage camper and I'm VERY happy about that. It's a 1959 Mid-Jet by Midway.  I will be adding before and after pics of the inside and outside soon, but here's what the exterior looks like right now. 

I'm thinking I'm going to paint it differently, arrange the stripes another way, possibly seafoam green, or cherry red, with black & silver accents.  I'm not sure what I'll do yet, so I'm looking at pictures on Pinterest and other people's trailers, excitedly gathering ideas.  I haven't decided on the theme yet either. I'm probably going to go with a traditional 50's vignette, black & white check flooring, vintage floral material for the curtains...I do like the Sisters on the Fly campers with the murals painted on them, too...hmm...THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!! 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Ann! I'm so excited about getting to work on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We purchased an VINTAGE Mid-Jet last week . . . it will need to be totally restored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! I haven't seen many Mid-Jets on the internet. I'd love to see pics of yours.
      I just got new window glass for mine, and my husband is going to put it in for me this week...excited to make some forward progress.

      Delete
  3. I was excited to come across your blog. I have a 1969 Mid-Jet! I am slowly restoring her tho she was in pretty good shape when I bought her 2 years ago. I would love to follow along with other Mid-Jet owners and share ideas! We are a rare small group I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I think that we ARE a "rare small group"...I haven't seen many Mid-Jets online. I'd love to see pics as you restore yours. I haven't been able to do much to mine yet, but I am hoping with the cooler fall temps we will be able to get out and work on it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Shelley, Jan, and others in the Mid-Jet galaxy! I just purchased a 1956 Mid-Jet. It is in pretty good shape, from what I have been able to tell. I live near Sweetwater, TX, and would love to share information with y'all. I will have some photos soon. Suziescout@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzie! Congrats on the camper, sounds like you've found a good one! I would love to see pics when you get them. Keep us posted :)

      Delete
  5. Hello, I am trying to find information on Midway camper trailers, but I can't find anything but your lovely blog. Do you have any links or any other information you could share? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I haven't been able to find out anything about the Mid-Jet trailers. I guess they must be kind of rare?!

      Delete
  6. We are looking for the serial # on a Midway Mid Jet we have acquired. All we can find is the patent # on the tongue. This trailer looks just like the one we are restoring only a different color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a mid-jet camper and I need a emblem for it . MID-jet was made in Ftworth area . IN THE 50s. I WISH I HAD MORE INFO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im looking at buying a jet travel trailer. I cant find much on the internet but I found this site. does anyone know what the value of a 65 jet travel trailer 12' long in good condition? I haven't looked at it in person yet but the pic look very good and everything inside works. any help would be great. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't say, there aren't many of them around, and it doesn't seem like they have much of a following, so I don't know what to base it on other than my own experience. Mine needed lots of work and I got it for around $300 with a good title. I've seen other trailers without titles and people are still asking a lot for them but I don't know if they are actually selling. I'd be sure to get a title. Sorry I can't be of more help!

      Delete